What makes us different?
We have taken a different approach when it comes to what most think about an Agile tool. Digaboard is suppose to complement your current process not change it to fit the tool. We are literally replacing your typical whiteboard (scrum board) with a digital screen. Just think of it as having digital post-its and board instead of a physical whiteboard. The tool will not impede on your current planning processes or change the way your team works and communicates together. Stand-ups are just done in front of Digaboard instead of the whiteboard where everything can be stored and tracked automatically... what does everyone do with the "Done" post-its anyway?
Cool, what are the features?
Digaboard is the first visual project management tool designed with a native "10-foot interface" which allows it to be used not only as a tool to help you organize projects and ideas. But, also as a whiteboard replacement that can be used as your task board. Since its a web based application you can view it anywhere and meet anywhere helping to bring remote teams together. The design comes straight from using a real physical white board; if you need to know where a project stands just check out the status of the overall tasks. Or drill down to the details of an individual task where visual queues help indicate stale tasks and can mark blockers, see who is working on a task and read comments.
- Visually track and plan projects
- Identify bottlenecks and blockers
- View and create comments
- Prioritize projects
- See what teams are working on and who is working on what
Check out the look and feel in the Tour.
How is this better than a real whiteboard?
- Dynamic visual ques to indicate a task that hasn't moved
- Mark blockers with a visual que to keep it recognized and in the open
- Everything is saved forever in a database
- Comments on everything for reference now or later
- Single visual tool used at stand-ups and at your desk for comments and updating status
- Never out of sync -- when using other web based tools that do not offer a "10-foot interface" you end up with a disconnect from the use of a physical whiteboard and keeping the tool updated.
1. Enlarged Text, #idle days, who is assigned 2. Visual idle indicator
- Tested in IE7 and Firefox(windows and linux)
- Some projects to organize
- PHP and MySQL Apache or similar webserver that runs PHP and MySQL(opensource version)
- The installation for the time being will require a little technical know how.
- You will need to be familiar with moving files around and creating MySQL databases.
- In the future we plan to make an installation wizard that will take out alot of the manual steps with MySQL
- The default database scheme loaded into MySQL during install will have a default team, member, project, and item created.
- This will help give you an idea of what things look like and how they work.
- You can rename or delete these.
- If this is your first time using Kanban, Scrum or a similar methodology. we would recommend using a physical white board for a couple weeks with your team. That way you can see what works for your team before making the digital step.
- The board is very simplistic and easy to use. The idea behind this was from my distaste in other project management tools that have so many bells and whistles that it makes the interface overly complicated and extremely difficult to use.
- This tool is very lightweight and simplistic, but that doesn't mean there isnt a learning curve. We recommend that you start by looking over some of the documentation. This should help you understand the features and get the board setup correctly for your project(s) and team(s).